You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fabulous Five-Oh!

Today, I often do forget how old I am. I need some digital calculator to subtract the year I was born from today's date to figure it out. I don't worry about or celebrate "years" anymore. I am just happy to be here. Happy to have family and friends I love. Happy to have fulfilling work. Just plain happy to be alive and well. I now celebrate my birthday everyday when I wake up - It is a new birth for me. It means I made it another day. I no longer care how old I am getting. Just grateful to be alive and sharing precious time with those I love and can't be without. Every year is a step forward away from the year I had to fight for my life. Before cancer, I took everything for granted. Now, I appreciate every new day. When I hear people complain, I have to think before I respond, because someone who has not been through cancer, cannot appreciate life and all that it brings. It feels great to be alive.

If I had to sum up my 50th Birthday Anniversary in one word, the word would be "Fabulous".  The amazing people in my life made great such effort in making my birthday just beautiful and memorable! Milestones Restaurant was just appropriate for the occasion. A milestone indeed!  I just want to thank all my family and friends for the overwhelming birthday wishes and cheer. Thank you for your continued love, support and encouragement throughout my crisis and personal struggles. Most important, a big thank you to everyone for a lovely birthday dinner. It was absolutely fabulous and great to get together with everyone and just be present in the moment. I just think we all needed that because we sure had good food and good laughs. Wow! I love y'all thank you for making me feel so special and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment