You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hope, Musings and Reflections

A winning attitude is what I intend to keep throughout this journey. I know it will not be easy but I will fight to WIN! It is difficult but, the outpouring messages of love and hope from all my friends and family are making a difference. I am taking this reality that confronts me and looking it straight in the eye without denying what will be or what can be. What I need up my sleeve is a funny bone because if I can laugh at it I can live with it. Today, is a new day and I am holding onto hope and making a choice to live and not let worry get the best of me. So, I am writing this letter to help me start anew.

Dear Hodgkins Lymphoma,  How dare you? I do not recall giving you the permission to invade my body. I am here to tell you that this is my body and I will fight you with all my might. I know and I know that there is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonics so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow.

It is hope that I hold on to right now and I plan to rearrange my life to make it worth living again just like before. I am planning on turning this journey into an awakening... a breakthrough and dynamic life giving experience.  I vehemently refuse to quit! Like my favourite philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche said, "He who has a 'why' to live can bear with almost any 'how'".

No comments:

Post a Comment