You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Another Day!

The pain in the chest persisted. We spent the whole night awake struggling with the pain. I went to see my family doctor in the morning whom I adore so much. I just needed to talk to her about my chest we seemed to be persisting despite all the medications I was getting.  I also needed to speak to her and just cry because I was feeling frustrated by the pain and the fact that I had to wait not knowing when I would start treatment.  She made me feel so great. First, she gave me this liquid medication which made my chest feel much better. Then she gave me some literature on lymphona which was very useful. But, here is the most fun part, she advised me that she was going to advocate on my behalf to see if the treatment appointments could be speeded up. This was music to my ears. Anything that makes me stay positve sends me right to the moon. So, I went home whistling despite that ache in my chest. I had something to look forward to, that hope - yeah, that feeling of expecting good things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment