You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The saddest day of my life.....


Today is the saddest day of my life. My very young and vibrant niece Tendai Michelle Majuru suddenly passed away in Boston, Massachusetts. That smile.....priceless.... that is Tendai, always smiling and shining a bright light on everyone.





If you go back in my blogs, I have written about how loving and thoughtful she was.  She would come to visit me from Boston when I was having chemotherapy. She would take time off from work just to be there for me. She would make me laugh and remind me of good old times when she was a little girl growing up. The pain of losing her is so unbearable! The most difficult part is that my sister Charity Majuru lives in England. Just thinking about that distance and imagining how my sister is doing is a major heartbreak. I am praying for strength for Charity and Dananai. God takes the best! Oh God! Why? This is the time I have to ask Why? Why? at such a tender age?  I thought I could say more but I am just at a loss for words. I love you my dearest niece and may your soul rest in peace!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the pain this causes you and your family, Dorothee. I wish there were answers and words to console you. I only hope that the joy that Tendai brought you will stay with you forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i knew michelle personally as well from Indianapolis, we were very close at some point and this news hits mewith uttermost shock and pain. Michelle cheered me up during one of the toughest periods in my life and together we would find a silver lining in what were very trying situations. She always checked in on me and would always bring tears of laughter to my eyes with our funny convos. We partied hard, laughed hard and worked hard together. I am sooo sorry i never got to say goodbye to her and missed her last call to my phone. May her beautiful soul rest in peace.. Zandile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle was a beautiful soul.Of course you knew this Dorothee - I just had to say it so that the world would know. I'm so so sorry for your loss. Michelle and I were friends from high school. She made me laugh through her infectious laugh and her effervescent way. She was the hearer and the keeper of my secrets. And I think about her a lot and I miss her a lot. What she has left me, the legacy she has in my life is that I just think whenever I'm stewing on something or boiling over anything - I think how would Michelle laugh me out of this one.

    ReplyDelete