You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Monday, November 28, 2011

CT PET Scan after Chemo

After all the waiting, today was my appointment to do the CT Scan to check whether chemo had shrunk the cancer tumors.  As usual, this involves needle poking and lying down in that donought looking machine.  This time it was not so bad because I am now used to the process. The IV was placed in my arm and the concoction is supposed to go in any area of my body with abnormal cellular activity. When we got home, I was not feeling too great. Just nausea and queasiness.  I took my anti-nausea medicines before going to bed hoping this would do the trick.

My morning began at 3am when I suddenly felt this urgent need to throw up. It was so sudden that I did not have enough time to make it to the bathroom. I am sorry for too much information but I did promise to keep this as honest as possible. Yeah, I projectiled just as I stepped out of my bedroom. It was a hot mess I must say, from the hallway all the way to the bathroom. Tinashe woke up and I could see her standing there stunned and just speechless. When I was done throwing up, we began cleaning like it was daylight. We took out the clorox bleach and the work began. It took us almost a hour before the job was done. We took hot showers after this and went back to bed without saying a single word to each other. The whole episode was just shocking, I guess we both were dumb founded. Thank God my next appointment the following day is at 3pm in the afternoon so at least I can catch up on some sleep.   

No comments:

Post a Comment