You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fourth and Final Chemotherapy Update..

Yeah! Congratulations are in order! What a great day to be done with chemo! I am over that chemo mountain! Today was my last chemotherapy. It was so bad with the burning, nausea and dizziness. But, Tinashe was so excited and kept taking pictures because this has been quite a journey not just for me but for her as well because she has been by my side all the time.  Thanks Tina for everything especially for being the rock I can lean on! I am eternally grateful! You are amazing! I have not seen the pictures yet but I am sure I looked like a hot mess. She also did a video which I am sure is very funny. I remember that I could not even fake a smile when she asked me how I was feeling that it was my last chemo. This last session was too painful to even put into words. For some strange reason this last one lasted longer than usual. I don't know if its because all the veins are busted and white cells gone or what. But, this chemo hit me so hard I have not really wrapped around my head that I will not be going back for more just yet. Even though, I am feeling so sick and weak, I did ring the bell that celebrates the end of chemo and everyone including the oncology nurses claps hands and celebrates your end of the chemo journey. I still have a few days to rest before I begin the next phase of radiation which will be 15 rounds. Aaargghhh!! I don't want to think about that number yet. For real, I don't want to think about that right now. I just need to rest. I am feeling so weak and feeling queasy so I will post some more when I have rested and gained a bit of strength and emerged from this daze I am in. Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my name is Zeba. I heard about your story through Lena and Diana, one of my social work professor. I am doing my BSW at YorkU, and it's amazing to see what you have accomplished in this difficult time. I am one of the few people that can relate to your stories because I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma when I was 14... now I'm 20. It's a long and difficult journey that most people can't really comprehend. I wish I wrote down my journey to heal much like you have, but it's nice to read your story and relate to parts of it. I wish you all the best during radiation. Make sure you have a lot of soft foods because the throat hurts a lot after 15 rounds. I did 21 rounds so I know the challenges you are up against

    ReplyDelete