You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Gallium Scan Post Chemo

The good news is I am getting my energy back slowly but surely although the nausea is still bugging me. Today, I just had my gallium total body scan to assess and evaluate progress made this far with the chemotherapy. The machine you see was just doing all sorts of things. You are pushed in and out of the doughnut hole. At times the machine pulls you out and goes into 3D mode. When that happens the two square things you see in the image start rotating around you. Anyway, the whole process is just so fascinating. It took longer than the first one but no pain no gain as I have learned over time. I tell you, when I was doing this test, there was a moment, I just closed my eyes because I thought wow! this machine is just going to smash into my face.

Of course it won't. Just allowing my imagination to run amok! The two squares rotate very slowly right in your face taking 3D images. The process though painless is kinda uncomfortable in a claustrophobic way. And by the way, you get wrapped up in a kind of a velcro straight jacket that is just so weird. Trust me, you are not able to move even an inch while you are inside this thing. Anyway, since this was my second time doing this test, I didn't freak out so much. This straight jacket, I hear is supposed to help you stay still while the scanning is taking place. Now, I await a date with my fabulous chemo Oncologist to advise me how much progress has been made so far. Other than that nothing much to report. Just stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment