You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Friday, December 23, 2011

This Week in Focus - Radiation # 8 to # 12

I cannot believe I am at # 12 of my radiation treatment. Can you believe that I am getting used to being claustrophobic while inside the treatment mask? Its been hard ya'll! The treatment mask gives me this distressing emotion and fear of being afraid that I may not be able to explain. It sounds really weird but the truth is I realized that this fear I was experiencing was my own self-fulfilling prophesy. I cannot believe having this radiation mask was truly posing such an emotional challenge on my psyche. Each single day, I noticed that this fear of having the mask on my face during treatment was dominating my reasoning causing me untold fear. I just felt this overwhelming apprehension that escalated to my heart pounding needlessly. I had sweaty palms and my muscles were tense. Every time the radiation oncology nurse tells me to relax, I realized I did have a problem and I thought what am I going to do about this?

Anyway, it dawned on me that I needed to develop some kind of strategy to deal with this dilemma because the journey was still on. I just decided maybe if I closed my eyes and take myself to a happy place it would do the trick. Well, I am happy to report that I have tried this and it has worked this far. Can you believe that I got my freedom from not allowing all this fear to run rampant causing me such stress during treatment. Even though the nausea keeps bothering me, I must say given a choice, this radiation process is definitely much easier than chemotherapy. I am getting my energy back and yeah am getting my groove back and getting ready to be myself once again. Its Christmas this weekend people! It is the season to be happy!

I am wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and may this season bring abundant joy and happiness in your life! May Santa be extra good to y'all!

To my Jewish friends, Happy Hanukkah! I am sending you wishes full of happiness, good tidings and divine blessings this Hanukkah.

Be kind to one another....

No comments:

Post a Comment