You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Getting Carried Away

When you are sick and home bound having visitors is one of the most exciting and uplifting event.  I feel like a kid being taken to the park to play. This weekend I had two special guests my dear friend Esther and my lovely sekuru Stewart Doma.  Esther had promised to come earlier but seeing that the day was coming to an end I had assumed that she was busy studying for her upcoming exams next week which always tears her away from everyone. Good luck Esther in your exams! Anyway, as Esther walked in later in the day after I had given up, I was thrilled. Before she could sit down, my favourite sekuru Stewart also surprised me with an unexpected visit. I must say we had such an amazing time and chatted away. Then, I did the unthinkable, I got carried away seeing everyone eating sadza (our traditional food) and joined in the feasting forgetting my now very sensitive stomach. After everyone left, I was so sick.  I violently threw up and felt like I had just eaten poison.  I kicked myself for getting carried away and thinking I am feeling much better. Bloom! that went my weekend into the drain. I threw up on Saturday night and the whole of Sunday going into Monday morning.  So, the thing is I didn't sleep very well this weekend so I am just beginning my week feeling really cranky again. However, I did have a great time apart from my failing to take it easy on the food. Until then......

No comments:

Post a Comment