You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year! Radiation # 13 to # 16

Apart from the New Year count down just beginning, this week has been uneventful. Just the usual routine of going to the hospital for radiation treatments everyday. Its exhausting but not so bad. The good news is that now that my treatment digits are now in the double digits, I am beginning to feel good for the most part. A feeling that I had thought had left me given the many uphills and bumps that I had to go through this far.

As I proceed to do the countdown - not of the New Year, but of my radiation treatment plan I can see the light that had begun to flicker and diminish for a long while. I am beginning to visualize the many things I would like to do once all this is over. The feeling is so good that I can now honestly say I am going to be alright. The feeling just makes me look back to where this journey began and reflect. Yeah! life is so unpredictable! Anyway, that light at the end of the tunnel is no longer an illusion.  I can see it and I can feel and I can touch it and I can taste it!

Otherwise, that makes this week the best so far.  I guess its because the holiday spirit is still in the air and gets contagious. I was sick this Friday though for some strange reason, even just getting up was a chore. Just aches and pains but with popping some pain killers here and there as well as soaking in all the holiday spirit around, I am doing just fine and getting ready to have a quiet and laid back New Year.

Despite everything that we have all faced, I dare y'all we can always still find something to be thankful for and continue to have hope for the future!

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy new year! I wish you all a happy 2012 filled with Joy, Happiness, Good Health and Prosperity!

Most of all, thank you for your unwavering support during this incredible journey. You really made this journey easier for me as I felt all your love envelope me from all the bumps and hurdles! I just feel so blessed! I am grateful for all your support and I am truly humbled that so many of you took time to just rally around me during this difficult year. Thank you so much for stopping by and all the encouragement. It is all greatly appreciated.

With that said, put on your party hats and raise a toast to all the good times!

I love y'all!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too, and may God shower you with blessings in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hermana I hope you had pleasant holiday and may your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete