You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Tinashe!

Today is my daughter Tinashe's birthday. What can I say that I have not said already. This girl has been there with me from the beginning of this journey and to tell the truth, I don't know what I would have done without her.

My Dearest Tinashe,

The chocolates are supposed to make you salivate since you love anything chocolate!

I know that I have already written a special letter to you earlier on during this journey. So, I promise to keep this one short so that I do not sound redundant or philosophical. Today, you are 27 and I cannot believe it was just yesterday that you were saying, "Mum, I cannot wait to be an adult".  I just feel like I blinked and you turned 27. Time seems to have just gone by so fast. I seem to have blinked and you went from being a baby girl to a young woman experiencing the independence and bliss of navigating the ocean of life figuring out what your path in life is. But, I like to remember the momentous day you were born. On that day, I became the happiest mother alive. You gave me the experience of a lifetime that holds the deepest and most treasured place in my heart.  Every mother's dream to tie ribbons and shop for cute little dresses. Did you know that its easier to shop for girls than boys? You have influenced me and given me a purpose and reason to discover my own potential in order to show you by example how I want you to live your life. Together, we have learned that the future has the potential to drastically alter our priorities. When we learned that I had cancer, the trials and tribulations of everyday gave way to what was most important. We both learned that sometimes, the things we deem as "so important" can become trivial when reality hits home and can see life and death held in front of you. So, live in the moment because you don't know what tomorrow brings.

When I look into your eyes, I see wealth of possibilities bubbling over. The sky is the limit for you! I am so incredibly proud of you!You have amazed me with your intelligence, determination and talent. Whatever you do going forward, do it with your heart. I have no doubt that you are smart and capable to do anything you want as long as you set your mind to it. Never allow anyone to beat you down. And NEVER settle for second best because you deserve the best of the best. Always remember that with love comes both the sweet and the sour. Always listen to your heart and not the nay sayers. Remember that our future is often defined by our choices and not by chances we make along the way. You will find that everyone in your world may have an opinion but at the end of the day, it is up to you to decided what you want or what will make you happy. If you make a mistake, have the courage to admit it. The truth is, it does not matter whether you are forgiven or not. What matters is that you took responsibility. Always remember that no matter how bad a mistake you may make, or pain or regret it may cause, the people who truly love you will see past it because you matter to them more than you may fully realize. Most important, live each day as if it were your last. Believe in yourself and in your dreams.  Always have hope and love will most certainly find you.

Happy, happy Birthday baby girl, I wish you a million days that reflect the possibilities that lie ahead. So, on this beautiful day, my wish for you is that you find the path that leads you to the abundant life you want. May you find the courage and strength to create the world you want for yourself. May you find true love and happiness in one man who deserves you. And, remember, whenever you need me, I will be there for you always. I will always love and you will always be my beautiful baby girl, my one and only Princess.

I love you with all my heart.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment