You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Appointment Pre-chemo

Today, I had my usual regular appointment pre-chemo with my Oncologist. Every two days before chemo I am scheduled first to do the blood work and the results are immediately sent to the Oncologist for review. When someone is undergoing chemotherapy a lot hinges on the blood results that precede each chemotherapy session. Therefore, low counts can indicate serious side effects and can mean that treatment must be postponed while the body heals. So, I did the blood work first and thereafter went to see my Oncologist. The good news is...Drum-Roll people! my blood counts were fine which means my chemotherapy session is on for this Wednesday. My Oncology checked me out and is happy with the progress so far. The tumour is shrinking and does not appear as visibly large as it was before. Now, thats what I am talking about. Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment