You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll!

Everyday is a new beginning. Today I woke up with low energy but with a renewed spiritual energy and fully aware that going forward I needed to count my blessings one lovely time at a time. It dawned on me that life's hurricanes and earthquakes are part of blessings. I became cognizant of how forgetting to count blessings can cause an intense fog that stops you from seeing the good in your life. To my nieces Hermana (UK), Tendayi (Boston) and my dear friend Krissy (Victoria, BC) thank you for the lovely messages. My dear sisters Charity Majuru (UK) and Connie Kadiyole (Indiana), thank you for giving me such a wonderful thanksgiving gift.  Moreblessing (UK), I appreciate you so much. Thank you for the gift! Esther Guzha (Toronto)(you such a selfless person thank you for being in my life. You are always there cleaning and taking me to the doctor and attending to my silly whims) and your son Sifelani (Toronto), what can I say thank you so much for the gift of love. (thats why they say kuwanda huuya! or Ubuntu!) I can't even translate that into English otherwise it will lose its profound meaning. But, I will try for my friends who do not understand the indigenous languages of Southern Africa. Ubuntu is a Southern African philosophy that speaks to the essence of being human, that in this world we do not exist alone because we are all interconnected. A person with Ubuntu is known for their generosity.

I am eternally grateful that though I may feel lonely at times, the truth is I am not alone. With your constant support, I am self-assured that I belong to a greater whole. I appreciate your shared concern and support. You all reminded me how truly blessed I am. You helped me remember that when you count your problems and if for some strange reason they out-number your blessings, then you need to count again because the chances are that the things (blessings) I may be taking for granted were not added to the list. Yes, counting my blessing includes the good, the bad and the ugly. As I focused on my blessings, within a short space of time I felt my spirits lifted on high. That is when I realized that its very easy to get lost in stuff that has not happened or the what ifs of life. For real, it is easy to get lost in the fog and trivial life stressors such that we become blinded to the wonders that are the everyday blessings that pour magic into our lives. I am truly grateful and acknowledge the tremendous blessings in my life. I feel enveloped by love and the tremendous out-pour of support I am receiving from family and friends. I have so many things to be grateful for. The list is endless! I am grateful even for the warmth of my bed and the roof over my head. I am counting all my blessings one by one, daily and hourly because I know, those who are a blessing to me today maybe gone tomorrow. So, I embrace and I appreciate ya'll! Most important, I am grateful that each day given to me is a blessing, even those days that I have whined and bitched about how I am feeling all crappy or weepy. I have able hands to drive, carry my shopping bags and even write these words and share with others. I have a mouth to speak and a voice that can be heard without fearing someone will silence me at any point. I am still kicking ass! With that said, I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment