You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

C'est la vie!

Today it just dawned on me that, a number of people have been telling me, Oh, you are lucky - you have the good cancer. And I am thinking, really, seriously? How about you walk a mile in my shoes? I doubt there will be any takers. Anybody calling once, calling twice! Yeah, I didn't think so. I know these comments come from a good place. But, comes off rather as unsolicitated advise.  I need you to listen to me very carefully, cancer is cancer, its not a bout of flu or a sore throat okay, where you take some flu medication or sleep it off. So, back off! It sounds insensitive and it hurts my feelings. Just let me be. Allow me to deal with my own unpredictable emotions which still feel like an emotional rollercoaster at Wonderland. So, with that said, I have to go because today is one of those emotional days where I am feeling all weepy and sad. I am definitely unpredictable because one minute I am dried eyed and okay and the next minute I burst out in tears. I don't know what to tell y'all because it is what it is! Cest la vie! But, as always, despite the tears, I will always end on a positive thought because I know I am worthy because I was born!

1 comment:

  1. Amen, sister! Thanks for that bit of feedback and your honesty. I know I'm one of those people who sometimes just doesn't know WHAT to say in the face of such a challenge as cancer. And sometimes...straining too hard maybe for something positive to say...I say something really stupid. Your words remind me of the value of simply listening and being present. I also just want to ask you...because we don't see each other, or have day-to-day contact...to know that you can ask me (and I hope you will) when a way I could support you occurs to you, which might not occur to me.
    You are so truly worthy, and beautiful, and brilliant and strong! And I want to be a part of your campaign for Health and Vitality!
    Much Love, Dorothee

    ReplyDelete