You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

What is Hodgkin's Lymphoma?

According to the Lymphoma Foundation of Canada,Hodgkin's Lymphoma is a cancer of the lymphatic system in which there is progressive (but painless) enlargement of lymph tissue followed by enlargement of the spleen and liver. Hodgkin's Lymphoma is very rare and only one percent of all types of cancer turn out to be Hodgkin's according to the United States National Institute of Health. Those statistics freak me out and set me off into an over-thinking mode. I guess its normal given the enormity of this disease.(see image of body's lymphatic system). In addition, the John Hopkins Clinic state that the defining characteristics of lymphoma are cells in the lymphatic tissues that grow rapidly and uncontrollably. The cancer may spread to other organs, such as lungs, liver and bone marrow. But, the good news is with prompt detection prognosis is good.  Well, that's uplifting. 



3 comments:

  1. Dear Dorothee. So sorry to read about this new struggle. But I know you will beat this one too, just like you've overcome the other challenges that life has thrown your way. Be strong my friend, we are all with you sending our love and positive vibes.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dorothee. What a struggle, what a shock this must all be! I'm so glad that you've reached out and invited me and others to share this journey with you, to the extent that we are able. As I see you touched on in one of your postings, isolation must be a particularly hard part of this struggle. I know that the Love and the Spirit in you will be blessings as you go forward. My spirit will be with you, and I'll hope that my support can make your way easier!
    Much Love,
    Kirby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl..you can fight this one...as you have some many other struggles...its fine to cry and its fine to laugh...and walk on the wild side...let me know when you would like to take such meander and I will cycle over to meet you

    hugs

    Diana

    ReplyDelete