You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Special Dedication to Tinashe my Princess, my Rock and Panache

Tinashe, thank you for being my confidante, soul-mate and friend. You have walked every single part of this journey with me. You have cried every tear with me and yet I have never heard you say, "I am tired" or "I cannot do this anymore". For that, I am so grateful and words alone cannot suffice. Its only God who will bless you and I pray that he continues to uphold you and breathe in you enough strength to keep going. I love you my panache and I appreciate you so much. Some are wondering what is 'panache' its a French word used to describe dashing confidence of style, awesome, courage or swagger. You have held my hand when I lost all the courage and strength and you have whispered words of encouragement and wisdom that I never imagined I would be hearing from my own child. Every time you speak to me I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have squeezed your slender but strong hands throughout all the biopsies and you never slowed down. Even when I tried to hide the gravity of the news because you were not feeling well, you forgot about yourself and you were there wiping my tears and hugging me. What about the sleepless nights at the emergency? You are so amazing that is why I call you TinaFabulous!

Its because you are fabulous and many other lovely things. You are so selfless and you love unconditionally. However, I hope throughout this journey you will take time for yourself without feeling guilty or obligated because I don't want you to feel depleted and overwhelmed. I will understand completely because it is not healthy for you to just keep going because in the end, you will not have anything to give me in that condition. I say these words with much love and understanding because this journey is going to be long and exhausting. You have spoken on my behalf when we are at the doctors because I am at a loss for words because of the enormity of this situation, the amount of forms you have completed on my behalf, Gosh! is all I can say. You have wiped my tears many a times. I can go on and on. The list is so long that I am unable to finish it in one breath. But, in all this, you have remained the strong pillar of support that any mother can wish for. Thank you for just being the young gracious lady that you are. Thank you for the cozy chats even in the middle of the night at the emergency let alone all the chaos and confusion surrounding me. Thank you for the shared laughter and tears, kindness, acceptance and most of all the emotional support. Thank you for all the countless little things you do. You might think those little things go unnoticed, but trust me, I see and appreciate every single little thing. Your name holds a special meaning in my heart because my mother named you Tinashe. Tinashe means "God is with us". My mother knew then, that you were special and God sent for a purpose. I thank God for you and I love you and adore you with every bone in my body. Thank you for giving me the swagger.com. I love it because I might have cancer but I do have swagger! and yeah you're right lets kick butt!

This girl is special. When I say she is my princess, some may say I am too much. But, the truth is, she is a princess. She handles everything with such grace and dignity fit for royalty. She is strong and is so much in control and mature for her age. I don't know what I would do without her. For sure I would be lost and by now lost my sanity. She is my rock and my anchor. She makes me laugh and at times she cries with me then we burst out laughing after we finish crying. That is how we roll. She calls us "Team Victory" and I love the sound of that. Anyway, here is a letter she wrote me that brought me to tears. This video is part of the letter and our good memories of things we do together every Christmas "Karaoke". I love this song and we sing it and rock it like the Crazies. I sometimes forget the lyrics and make up my own and we just crack up laughing when I am found guilty of recreating this Abba song. Thank you Tinashe for just reminding me the abundant love, laughter and joy we all have for each other. Chiquitita tell me whats wrong. You're enchained in your own sorrow.. How I hate to see you like this....ta ra ra ra .... I am a shoulder you can cry on... Your best friend and the one you must rely on.... Thanks Tinashe, now I am singing along......

Dear Mom,

It’s been a long journey you’ve walked through to get my brothers and I right here. You worked so hard and gave up so much to build a bright future for us. Thank you so much for this love.
We may not always agree but the love that we have for each other is so evident. We have so many laughs together whether it’s hearing your stories – which always make me laugh OR you know how you say “and then what did she say?” and Tap rolls his eyes? {priceless} OR like how every Christmas we annoy Tap with our “chiquitta” LOL! I could obviously go on and on but this is just meant to be just a note not a novel. You have 3 exceptionally pinache and grown ass kids who all love you more than anything – we do.

I know it’s really hard for you right now because having cancer sucks but you know what else I know? I know that you have enough courage and strength to go through it with swagger.com.
You have gotten past crazy things in your journey and this is just going to be a hiccup that we’ll be speaking about in past tense very very soon at Simon Sushi. You’re a fighter, a tough cookie – now let’s kick butt!

I love you and I’m here.

Tinashe

PS: Tiramisu tomorrow for sure!

2 comments:

  1. you two are awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always knew Tinashe was something special from the moment she was little and going to Blakiston.She always presented a calm, laid-back, humble, intelligent,caring...I run out of superlatives persona. I vividly remember picking her and Tino up (from Moffat)for weekend breaks. You could always engage in the most mature conversations with her and she would always calmly, intelligently and articulately put her arguments forward with that ever present smile. Knowing she's there right by your side is re-assuring and puts our minds at rest.If Tinashe is not real definition of royalty then what is???, and If anything inspires more than this blog?, I wanna know it.

    To Tinashe (my lil sis): Words can not express how we feel. We (I in particular) am so proud of you.You have and continue to single handedly manage to take care of our mum despite all your other engagements and commitments. Keep it up.. I salute you.


    Finally..as with your lemons. If life gives sour grapes, Why not make wine??

    Take care. We adore your bravery.

    Ramson

    ReplyDelete